Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Healthcare Bill Raw








Remember those old tapes where the dogs barked Christmas songs? I do. I loved barking along to them and listened to them year round. It was a lot of noise, didn't have words and was entertaining. However, after a while I grew tired and saw a rabbit and chased it and that was that.

Then I found this program called professional wrestling. There was shouting and barking and yelling and people wrestling- really all I could ever ask for in entertainment. Sure, there was a lot of pandering, but it was fun. Plus we got to shout things, which is always fun. Here's some quality shouting from back in the day:


Now, as the healthcare bill passed, I found something just as entertaining. Sure, there were the groups of white protesters shouting things, but where was the give & take? Where was the "Are you ready to rock?" and the subsequent "Wooooooo!"? Fortunately House Minority Leader John Boehner providing a give in take in his floor speech. I was shouting "No" along with them. Then I got crazy and started shouting "What?" too. Combining governing, wrestling marketing, and the easy accessibility makes for the greatest entertainment ever. Can anyone explain what he's talking about?


Can anyone explain what the wrestling match is about?


2 comments:

Anne said...

THAT'S NOT WRASSLING!

Also, Jude - I thought your favorite sport was basketball?

Jessie said...

I love that if you listen closely you can hear someone laughing, and some people yelling "YES" in answer to his questions :-p